CAPPEEDEE- HALLETT 5041 Acres
Originally settled by the Murray family from Mount Crawford in the early 1870's. Cappeedee is now the base or "inside country" portion that the modern day Collinsville Stud operates from. The Murray family and their historically significant Merino Stud operated from here until the Stud was dispersed in 2009. The Cappeedee Stud was the source of some ewes that John Collins used to start Collinsville Stud in the late 1800's. George and Sophie Millington purchased the property from the Murray family in 2010 after their 136 years of continuos ownership. The property has many original heritage stone buildings the highlight being the Heritage listed stone homestead circa 1876 and shearing shed 1884. The property has an excellent mix of Lucerne flats, arable rising country and hills grazing perfect for lambing. It is also the location of the annual on property sale and where all private selections take place.
KURCOLO- HALLETT 5634 Acres
Purchased from the Sumner Family in 2016, this was a neighbouring property to Cappeedee and provides a similar mix of country with lucerne flats, arable rising country and and is over half hills grazing directly east of the Hallett township. Combined with Hillview purchase this adds to our "inside" land and enables stock to be finished for markets.
HILLVIEW- HALLETT 2326 Acres
Purchased from the Villis family in 2016, Hillview was a neighbouring property to Cappeedee and is nearly all arable. Some of the country is planted to lucerne and the balance is used to grow grain and hay for fodder as well as grazing crops.
CALLAWONGA HILL- PARAWA 1523 Acres
Originally part of Balquidaha station this property is run separately from the stud and is mainly used as a cattle operation. Angus based cross bred cows are mated to a terminal sire producing vealer cattle sold at 9 to 10 months of age.
COLLINSVILLE STATION 138 600 Acres
This is the home of where the famous Collinsville stud had its illustrious beginning. This pastoral holding consisting of the stations of Mallet, Willara, Pulpara, Ketchowla and Collinsville itself all situated in a rainfall zone of 228 mm. The terrain varies from flat to hilly land with areas of mallee scrub and large saltbush and bluebush plains.
This is where the breeding of the most famous genetic pool began. The station is now referred to as the factory of the sheep program. A large amount of Rams are still bred at the station in what can be a hard SA Pastoral envoirnment. This very environment ensures via natural selection that our genetics will breed a robust Ram capable of thriving in pastoral conditions.